Wednesday, August 13, 2014

At the Bottom of the Bottle


By: Gus Victoria

At the bottom of the bottle I chased the void,
It consumed me before the first drink,
Emptiness without reason,
A sip and another,
I slipped and didn’t even bother,
The nectar was relief,
For the mind stumbled
The heart grumbled
And friends stood in disbelief;
“Who is this Libertine?
That in knowledge walks,
And dances so debauched?”
My soul then I bared
There with the glass held,
“I am the poet,
That finds the words
To show how odd the worlds
We straddle are to our souls;
I am the artist
That paints reflections
Beyond the facade.
To the interior,
Bitter melancholy of unlived potential,
A drought we all drink
As in depression we sink.”
Freedom is found in the naked acts
That others blush at
The joy of sensual pleasure
When in respectful agreement
Is enjoyed measure for measure.
At the bottom of this bottle before the void
I find the courage to explore...

No comments:

Post a Comment