Saturday, March 3, 2012

29 x 29

By: Gus Victoria

My girlfriend introduced me to this idea that she got from reading a blog recently. That writer had decided to make a list of things to do before turning 30. I loved the idea and decided to make my own list.  Since I am 28 and will be turning 29 in exactly 10 months I decided to make a list of 29 things to do before then. This is my own personal achievement list for the year! It is a varied list, some are easy, some  are hard. Some responsible and some fun. Like in most modern games I plan to earn all these achievements and win at life (for the year). Now if only they came with a cool sound and graphic upon completion…

Each month I will post an update detailing finished items and progress on others. If you have any suggestions for any of these (races to run, charities to support, movies to watch etc.) please let me know. I also encourage you to make your own list and share it!

You want me to do WHAT?!

  1. Run 5k race
  2. Run 13.1 miles (3 times)
  3. Donate $ to a charity
  4. Donate time to a different charity
  5. Send 50  cards/letters through traditional mail
  6. 100 different Daily Sasquatch posts
  7. 5,000 Daily Sasquatch views
  8. Learn to play 2 songs on the piano
  9. Illustrate, or get someone to illustrate Todd the Sasquatch
  10. Finish 50,000 words of a novel
  11. Submit poem to Hallmark
  12. Create and make available 1st poetry chapbook
  13. Visit 3 historical sites in FL (at least 2 I’ve not been to before)
  14. Visit a historical site in MI
  15. Watch 2 films from each decade of the 20th century I’ve not seen yet.
  16. Read 48 books
  17. Read the Aeneid in Latin
  18. Try 10 new beers
  19. Grow 3 different plants
  20. Master 3 new dishes
  21. See 5 plays
  22. Run 1,000 total miles
  23. Write a play
  24. Beat Diablo II on Hell difficulty
  25. Read Don Quixote in Spanish
  26. Reduce total debt by 10%
  27. Visit a theme park outside FL
  28. Watch a collegiate or professional sports game at 3 different venues
  29. Go to a county or Renaissance fair.


1 comment:

  1. ooh i got a good one Visit Scotland! (can you guess who! :P)

    ReplyDelete