Thursday, November 22, 2012

Operation Leonidas - Day 0

So it is technically Thanksgiving here as I write this tonight. The turkey is enjoying its brine bath and everything else is set and prepped for a day of culinary madness followed by a relatively guilt-free bout of gluttonous consumption. Delicious!!

I am thankful for so much. Perhaps at another time where it is not felt imperative to do so I will enumerate some of those things I feel myself blessed with. Not today. Too much pressure.

I will however say that I am incredibly grateful to be alive. It seems that though I am not yet currently in mortal danger there is a bit of concern regarding my health. My blood pressure in particular. It seems to be in a current, borderline dangerous, spike. Many factors that contribute to high blood pressure I partake in, mainly an unbalanced diet high in sodium and a lack of exercise. These two things I have the power to change almost immediately and change them I will.

I have always believed in goals. Though my tendency has been to aim very high and be content in not reaching them. This must change. I aim high still, but now the motivation will drive the effort. Today is November 22, 2012. This is the goal to be reached in one year's time:



Well that is the outward appearance at least. I aim to lower my blood pressure, drop 20 or so lbs, cut the body fat, and increase the miles run and/or cycled. To that end I enlist you my friends to help me in the way of motivation and accountability. I will post updates every month with updated pictures and stats. Thanks for following and helping me in this endeavor.

Here are the starting stats:

November 22, 2012
Day: 0
Weight: 200 lbs
Miles Run: 0
Miles Cycled/etc: 0
Calories Burned: 0


No comments:

Post a Comment