Friday, April 5, 2013

Sacbeob (White Roads)



By: Gus Victoria

White roads,
Sacbeob,
Made to wander
Ancient Mayab
From temple to palace
Under Zamna’s guidance
And Chac’s rain.

Sacbeob.
Each a path,
A journey chosen,
Traveled slowly.
A mystic way.

Feathered serpent,
Plumed master
In a house of stone,
Temple atop a castle,
I find
At the end of one.
Only one sacbe.

Mystic dwarf,
Magician in your structure
Bid me come
Along another.

To heaven and hell
The Twins beckon
As the Lords of Hell they defeat
In a grand court,
Xibalba is there at the end
Of another white road.

Xkeban and Utz-Colel,
The flower and the thorn,
Xtabentun and Ixtabay
Wait for me,
To discover at the end,
Another sacbe,
Another road traveled.
Another facet
Of the jeweled peninsula,
Of my beloved Mayab.
Of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment