Friday, August 30, 2013

Empty Throne


By: Gus Victoria

Endless is the Ocean of Guilt
Infinite in depth, it carried
The ship of dreams
Once when it was known as a different sea,
The sails, bright and full of wind then
Caused the vessel to swiftly fly on the waves
Commanded by Fate,
Dictated by Destiny,
Whipped to monstrosities rivaling Scylla and Charybdis
By the sweet voice of my Siren,
I, lashed to the mast,
A modern Odysseus  
Whose vision was equaled by old Epimetheus,
Knew not what he threw away,
Knew not what he left,
Dreams that haunt,
Hopes as ghosts,
I sailed alone
To a lonely shore,
You did not follow.
I waited in vain
For the day
You realized a jeweled throne
Waited in my heart for you,
A place of honor
I never showed,
Until you were gone.
A place that as I live
Will gather dust
And be ever unfilled.
Pain deep is dulled
By time relentless,
Though such wounds never heal,
I hope for that Ambrosia
You once gave freely
That may forever be lost to me.
A mortal where once I was divine.
Incomplete when once I was whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment